Drug and Alcohol Support
Norfolk Carers Support is excited to be partnering with The Matthew Project on the new Unity service (formerly the U18 service) providing support to children, young people and their families affected by substance misuse.
The Unity service has two elements:
- Support for young people who are misusing substances themselves and their families.
- Support for children, young people and their families who are affected by the misuse of others.
Norfolk Carers Support is involved in the Young Carers element of the service and Young Carers access the following support:
- 1:1 support from a Young Carers worker or counsellor,
- Access to time for themselves; enabling children/young people to gain confidence, self-esteem, develop new skills and to have fun
- Advice and information for a Young Carer about how to support a parent or family member using substances,
- Advice and information about substances
- Referral on to other agencies that can help, including Carer group
The service for those affected by the substance misuse of others will provide parenting courses, enabling parents to discuss issues of substance misuse with others in a similar situation.
The service has workers based across the county in Kings Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Norwich and workers can visit families or young people anywhere in Norfolk.
The Matthew Project’s Young People Teams are available between 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday and 4:30pm on Fridays. Please leave a message and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
If you are a young person and would like to talk to someone outside of these hours, please contact Childline on 0800 1111.
Please send referrals to:
Address: The Matthew Project: Unity @ The Annexe, 83-87 Pottergate, Norwich NR2 1DZ
Office: 01603 216 420 (referrals)
Text: 07797 800 966
Helpline: 0800 970 4866